Since 1990, our database development and project management experience with Omnis® and Omnis Studio® has provided our clients with powerful client-server and/or web-based data access. We began many years ago using Omnis 3, the first cross-platform database application tool for Apple computers and IBM compatibles, and continue today with the contemporary object-oriented Omnis Studio for the latest Mac OS and Windows operating systems.
Omnis Studio is a powerful development tool and multi-threaded database engine for building scalable desktop or web-based intranet and internet solutions that require database connectivity for clients large and small. The Omnis language is a real-time interpreted cross-platform programming language designed to connect and manage multiple server databases while maintaining it's own native data repository as well. Omnis Studio includes a flexible report generator that provides the tools to display and print complex reports to the screen, printers and a variety of file formats. These reports, along with a contemporary interface design, allow the client to see data quickly making the information more visual. The versatile Omnis environment allows Clovius to design fast modern database applications and websites with user-driven graphical user interfaces that are simple and consistent throughout.
While Omnis Studio can communicate with several different databases, coupling Omnis Studio's development tools with the power and scalability of PostgreSQL has proven a winning combination. PostgreSQL is an modern open source relational database management system based on the Structured Query Language, or SQL. Under active development since 1997, PostgreSQL has earned a strong reputation for reliability and data integrity. An enterprise class database capable of running on all major operating systems, PostgreSQL boasts sophisticated features and is highly scalable both in the sheer quantity of data it can manage and in the number of concurrent users it can accommodate. Open source means that PostgreSQL is licensed without cost while being well supported by an active community. Omnis Studio supports PostgreSQL with native multi-threaded connectivity allowing Clovius to develop rich graphical interfaces with fast reliable data acquisition and storage.
- Omnis Studio Ultra-Thin Web Development
- Omnis Studio WebClient Development
- Omnis Studio Client-Server Application Development
- Omnis 7 to Omnis Studio Conversion
- Omnis 7 Web Application Development
- Omnis 7 Client-Server Application Development
- Omnis 5 Client-Server Application Development
- Inventory Control, Warehouse Management, Order Handling and Allocation, Receiving and Billing
- Job Tracking, Time and Expense, Invoice Generation, Receipts and Client CRM
- Production Planning and Inventory Level Management Decision Tools
- Resource Cataloging, Searching and Reservation Systems
- Searchable Talent/Modeling Web Portfolios